Friday, September 19, 2008

bottomdweller

Last night I saw The Avett Brothers at the Jefferson center. I almost didn't get to go (it was sold out) but luckily I have a mommy with connections and that was nice. It was by far the best show I've ever been to. The energy throughout the entire show was amazing, everyone was so into it. As cheesy as it sounds, it was like the crowd was one. The music quality, the vocals, the performance in general, everything was nothing less than outstanding, even their opening act, Justin Gordon, blew my mind. He has such a sweet country/folk voice, oh, and it doesn't hurt that he's adorable. It is 100% worth it to download or buy (whatever you're into) his newest (or any) CD, Ten Dollar Guitar. Also worth mentioning, The Avett brothers said during their set that they are releasing a new record soon, as soon as I found out I tried to buy one but I don't think they're out yet. Also I can't find anything about it on their website or myspace so as soon as I figure it out I'll post up. Anyways, I must be off to my 8-5 dip class (kill me). At least when I'm done I get to go to Danville to see my baybay Caitlin! Can't waitttttt.

No comments: